-thoughts and ideas

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Engineering versus Philosophy

I find myself being interested in too many things. I don't have enough time to devote to so many interests. At times I end up asking myself: "what the point of this particular interest is?" So often I find that I do actually know. I know that there isn't much point and I get frustrated, even angry at myself for all the time I seem to have wasted. It can be likened to a fishing lure. I see something shiny, or a single appealing attribute, and then next thing you know I'm hooked and begin the long struggle to avoid being "hauled in".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have the same kind of problem. I've done a year of philosophy, but I'm thinking of changing to engineering. What am I to do?
Please update me on your struggle on jonabsalonsen@hotmail.com