-thoughts and ideas

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Trying to Turn a New Leaf

It seems that during my existance, as far as I can recall, I've always been trying to rework myself. My persona, my mindset, outlook on life, and what not. As I reflect on my progress in any of those areas it seems on the contrary they have a very subtle ring of static to them. But now of course I feel like "this time" I really am turning a new page and it seems like it maybe in a new book. I'm not sure that even holds much logic, but whatever.

I'm starting to really become aware of my appearance and style of being...manners, maneurisms and the like. Don't get me wrong, I think ABC Family (and Disney, and Bushpublicans, and Robertson's & Falwell's Uni) sucks and is a drain on humanity leading to a sour mash of rotting human sewage, but it's apart of one's character and that in itself is apart of one's being.

So far I've started smoking a pipe; I drink gin and bourbon (no mixer); I build fires in my backyard; I built a doghouse; I take long epsom-salts baths; I read a lot more; still brewing beer; learning to fly an airplane; learning to code a decent website; re-learning French & German; learning Farsi & Chinese; drafting a business plan; revitalizing my musicianship and artistry; and trying to write more.

I'm not sure those first two on the list are really all that good for me, but they help to relax and are enjoyable on several levels for me at this time, or so it seems like that anyway.

No comments: